Meals, Lunch Menus & Entitlement to Free School Meals
Many children order a school lunch which is cooked in our own kitchen, from 1st September 2020 the price is £2.30 per day. We are able to provide vegetarian meals and cater for diets due to medical needs. The school is currently operating a two-week rotating menu. The current menus can be viewed by clicking the link below.
Free School Meals
Please let us know at the school office if you think you may qualify for Free School Meals. It is worth checking even if your child doesn’t wish to have a school meal…. If you qualify for Free School Meals, your child can become eligible for other grants too, for example pupil premium or remission on musical instrument lessons.
We are as discrete as possible about eligibility for Free School Meals as we do not want anyone to be reluctant to apply for or get this help.
Free school meals are offered to children whose parents/guardians receive
- Income Support,
- Universal Credit with an annual net earned income of no more than £7,400
- Income Based Employment Support Allowance,
- Income Based Jobseekers Allowance,
- Support under part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999,
- The Guaranteed element of State Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit provided that Working Tax Credit is not included and your annual income for Tax Credit purposes does not exceed £16,190 (March 2012)
- Working tax credit run-on- the payment someone may receive for a further four weeks after they stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit.
(Rules are set nationally, and eligibility checked every 6 months). Please inform the school office if any of your benefits change. You can ring Turn 2 Us for help on money which is available to you, depending on your own circumstances: 0808 802 2000 or www.turn2us.org.uk